Requisition Number: 11546
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Level of Experience: Mid
HII Mission Technologies is searching for a Tempest Technician to join our team in San Antonio! The Technician is going to be responsible for conducting automated and manual tests to ensure developed software is fit for purpose. Perform operational testing (OT) activities of telecommunications and computer network systems to include early influence, initial test planning, detailed test planning, test execution, test evaluation, data analysis, and test reporting. Analyze software and systems to avert risk and prevent software issues. Find bugs and issues within an application before the final product is delivered to the customer. Create/execute typical operational use cases. Have a strong grasp of the major computer programming languages to properly analyze the cause(s) behind problems. Maintain awareness of the variety of applications available to know how a test subject should be ranked.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conduct TEMPEST testing; Prepare TEMPEST test plans IAW national TEMPEST standards; Determine required test equipment; Validate operational capability of test equipment
- Determine site availability.
- Configure Mobile Assessment Vehicle (MAV), other test vehicles, or anechoic chamber for specific tests; Perform necessary functions to obtain maintenance on TEMPEST test vehicles; Develop test schedules.
- Operate Radio Frequency (RF) receiver systems; Conduct spectrum signal search; Make RF; time domain data recordings (data capture); Make frequency and amplitude signal measurements.
- Provide configuration management, documentation, hardware/software updates, and integration of TEMPEST test suites, tools, and equipment.
- Create, edit, and deliver TEMPEST test reports.
- Support embedded testing efforts using automated testing tools such as Selenium.
High school diploma and 8 - 10 yrs experience, a BS in Computer Science or related field with 2 - 4 years of experience, or an MS in Computer Science or related field with 0 - 2 years of experience.
One to four (1-4) years with automated test tools, requirements, and version control tools, developing and enhancing test strategies, developing test cases and test procedures and artifacts for various stakeholders, documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting, and audits. Experience with: ISTQBR, Jira, GIT, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java, Microsoft, or Linux platforms.
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.