Requisition Number: 11560
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Level of Experience: Mid
HII Mission Technologies is seeking a Test Engineer to join our team in San Antonio! The test engineer will provide mid-level test engineering support to conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the developed software is fit for purpose. Perform operational testing (OT) activities of telecommunications and computer network systems to include early influence, initial test planning, detailed test planning, test execution, test evaluation, data analysis, and test reporting. Analyze software and systems to avert risk and prevent software issues. Find bugs and issues within an application before the final product is delivered to the customer. Create/execute typical operational use cases. Have a strong grasp of the major computer programming languages to properly analyze the cause(s) behind problems. Maintain awareness of the variety of applications available to know how a test subject should be ranked.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures for constructing and archiving technical reports.
- Contribute to reporting standards linked to DoD and AF guidance; and generating templates based on these standards.
- Review reports for accuracy, grammar and compliance with AF and DoD guidelines for official documents.
- Provide technical editing expertise to Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates, Test support agreements (TSA), Form 1144, Test and assessment plans, Data Management Analysis Plans (DMAPS).
- Provide expertise to Test and Range procedure documentation and to test and assessment reports, network security-related regulations, policies, and guidance Training.
- Provide expertise to writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); Informational materials to include briefings, pamphlets, brochures, and position papers; Technical publications; Develop and maintain document templates; Training materials; Configuration baseline data; Web-Master; Administrative documents as required.
High school diploma and 14 - 16 yrs experience, a BS in Computer Science or related field with 8 - 10 years of experience, or an MS in Computer Science or related field with 6 - 8 years of experience.
One to four (1-4) years with automated test tools, requirements, and version control tools, developing and enhancing test strategies, developing test cases and test procedures and artifacts for various stakeholders, documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits. Experience with ISTQBR, Jira, GIT, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java, Microsoft, or Linux platforms.
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.